Yesterday attendees arrived for the 2016 Paris Prayer Conference. Last night’s opening banquet gave them an overview of what to expect during the week. This year participants will experience two days of site visits and two days of presentations in Paris along with a day of attending WT France churches on Sunday. Transportation strikes are keeping things interesting, but so far things are off to a good start.
Today the group traveled north of the city to visit the Gisors church plant in the morning and the work in Méru in the afternoon. Director Jerry Moyer gave an introduction to the work of WT France and the teams in each town described some developments of their work and ways to pray.
These annual meetings always provide an opportunity for reflection on what God has done through the years as in answering our prayers. A second-time participant mentioned being in Gisors in 2007, three years before the project began, praying for God to send workers. In 2011, participants were led by Kevin and Stephanie, the newly arrived church-planting couple launching the project, and they prayed for the start of an Alpha Course and that God would provide homes for new teammates. In 2013, participants met in those homes of the Hamlets and the Shorbs where they heard about how the Alpha courses came together, and they prayed that God would provide a public meeting place for the church. Today, the group met in that church building.
Here are some ways to pray with and for us:
- Praise God for the 10 participants and 2 interns. Pray that they would persevere in prayer this week as they learn about the state of the church in France.
- Pray for the many details and logistics of the week: transportation amidst interruptions, speakers, visits, etc.
- Pray for a growing core group at the church in Gisors. Pray for spiritual growth and maturity. Pray that leaders would be raised up to take on ministry responsibilities.
- Pray that God would provide a new meeting place for the church in Méru. Pray for spiritual unity as they proceed administrative steps to become a fully established church.
- Pray for interns Rachel and Kevin in their responsibilities this week. Pray that they would discover ways to serve God in the future.